header

宮城県復興応援ブログ ココロプレス

「ココロプレス」では、全国からいただいたご支援への感謝と東日本大震災の風化防止のため、宮城の復興の様子や地域の取り組みを随時発信しています。 ぜひご覧ください。

ヘッダー写真説明文

写真 「19年連続 生鮮カツオ水揚げ日本一」に向けて、気仙沼では生鮮カツオ水揚げが順調です。「今年はとりわけ脂が乗っている」と関係者の表情もほころんでいます。
2015.7 ~宮城県震災復興推進課~
2013年2月9日土曜日

2013年2月9日土曜日10:16
Hello this is Choco.
Today(Jan.20th) it's been more than a year since I started as a volunteer and made friends with Funakoshi fisherman Mr. Nakazato.
It is also the day in which he sets sail again into the sea in his new boat.

I was born and raised in a village surrounded by rice fields,where there are many farmers and burly men.
Just as there are plenty of seamen.
However, fishing huts, tools and boats were all washed away by the Tsunami.
Seamen(fishermen) had to give up individual fishing and start working collectively; some fishermen had to give up fishing altogether.

Mr. Nakazato started collective fishing with local fishermen after Tsunami.

His new boat, same kind of boat he used before Tsunami and that he ordered on December of the year before last; was finally completed after one year and one month.
The "TAKAMARU"(his ship's name) was able to make its return to the sea.

Mr. Nakazato looked so cool when doing the final inspection to the "DAIGO TAKAMARU"


 
The fishermen elevated a prayer for the God of the sea.
Then,"Mochimaki" was given to those who gathered to celebrate and brought offerings.
※餅まき(Mochimaki): scattering Mochi, means shearing happiness.  
The purple flag is the flag our volunteer group gave him.



"Daigo(No.5) Takamaru" was built in Onosaki Ishinomaki.



Fellow fishermen helped put the boat on rails to transport it towards the sea.
On the bridge, over the pass which links Nagatsura to Onosaki, "Daigo Takamaru" was hoisted with a crane to get it from land into the sea.

After watching this, I went to Funakoshi; "Takamaru's" home town and "Daigo Takamaru's" first destination.





A lot of local people, fishermen and volunteers gathered fro the event.
Shortly after we arrived, so did "Daigo Takamaru".
Everyone cheered loudly as the ship re-sailed to sea with its fluttering "Tairyou flag".
大漁旗(Tairyou flag):It's fishing boat flags that are used to signify a good catch, and celebrate launching a boat.


After he saw so many people waiting at the embankment Mr. Nakazato said in a self-conscious manner:
"I wanted to dock quickly, after seeing so many people gathered; I wept."



Mr.Nakazato reads a message card from Lisa; who is from America.
This was a once in a thousand year disaster.
With that in mind, the fact that we survived really feels like a mere coincidence.
But aside from that, it is more important to think what will it be of us now.
So far(after the disaster) I have had lots of difference of opinion while working collectively with fellow fishermen, but I have also gathered many fun and pleasant memories.

I have met a lot of people that came to Funakoshi because of this disaster.
if it had not been for this disaster; my life would have probably had a dull end.
It was because of this same disaster that I was able to meet many people.
Because of  all of this I feel I have changed and grown as a person, a man and an adult.
This has been the effect of the disaster.
"There are a lot of grieving people (because of the disaster), but still; this is the way I feel."
There are my thought after the disaster until now.
"Thanks for everyone's support"



"心(Heart)" by Koichi Nakazato
"Fisherman...." when I hear this word
Mr. Nakazato feels, "I catch fish from the heart!"
"Fishermen accept no failure; we are really strict and passionately hard-working"
It also taught me the meaning of "heart"

Mr. Nakazato is always cheerful but January 20th was a different day for him.
A day we got to see his passionate side; the day that I was able to see the "warm hearted fiserman."
I go out to sea with a message for everyone!!
 fellow volunteer and myself when to visit Mr. Nakazato at Onosaki; three days before his first sail, while he was still making preparations.

He gave me a lot to think about when he told me:"I could buy 3 Merc. Benz cars for the price of one of this boats."

can you imagine?! 
Tsunami washed away everything. houses, ships...
them normal was gone.
and now, about 2 years past after Tsunami.
they didn't same life before the disaster.

House was no longer ship disappeared, there was nothing vessels ...
By the tsunami, everyday of you that I have gone disappeared.
Two years have passed since I have been trying since the earthquake.
'Ordinary' is differently affected areas is flowing and even earlier in life after the earthquake.

Can you imagine?
The tsunami washed away everything. All the houses, all the ships....
The tsunami wiped out everyone's daily life.
And now almost two years later, people's "daily life" has changed completely into a disaster's way of life.

Then again, there are people who have taken the first step towards "back to normal fisherman daily life". My dear fisherman Mr. Koichi Nakazato for example.

From now on, whenever I hear the sound of the boat's calves and horns; I will chase after Mr.Nakazato and Daigo Takamaru.

(20.1.2013)
Thanks:Translated by Angelo Giacobini