header

宮城県復興応援ブログ ココロプレス

「ココロプレス」では、全国からいただいたご支援への感謝と東日本大震災の風化防止のため、宮城の復興の様子や地域の取り組みを随時発信しています。 ぜひご覧ください。

ヘッダー写真説明文

写真 「19年連続 生鮮カツオ水揚げ日本一」に向けて、気仙沼では生鮮カツオ水揚げが順調です。「今年はとりわけ脂が乗っている」と関係者の表情もほころんでいます。
2015.7 ~宮城県震災復興推進課~
2012年8月18日土曜日

2012年8月18日土曜日23:00
Hello, It's Choco.
August is coming to an end.
This summer, there have been many events and festivals in various regions.
Also in my home town Morioka, the biggest summer festival "Morioka-Sansa" was held from the 1st to 4th of August.
The one I participated in was the traditional "Sansa". 
There are usually practice sessions twice a month, but this was the first time I had danced in around a year so I was exhausted by the end.
Like the Kwabiraki (River Festival) in Ishinomaki, thisevent is a very important festival in Morioka!!
Many people come to visit from outside the prefecture.
As I went to Iwate, I had the pleasure to the people of Miyagi Prefecture.


***********
"To the beautiful people of Ishinomaki,
Let's all stick together, in the good times and the bad.
We'll be with you all the way"

Megumi from Hachimantai town
That we can feel our ups and downs is a sign that we are all living.
Megumi's placard made me remember these words by a resident of Ishiomaki

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To all the people connected by the Kitakami river, let's do this!"
Masanori Ooya of the Morioka Tourist Association
The Kitakami river runs through the center of the town of Morioka...
The river that flows through to Ishinomaki.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"To the people of Ishinomaki, go for it!!!"
Massimo, 3 years old.

When I asked him to smile, he gave me this sour face.
Thank you for your um... lovely smile!!

He was also affected by the earthquake around the Sendai port area.
Luckily, he evacuated further inland before the tsunami came, so he was unharmed.


====================================================

From Miyako to Miyagi



Ms Morita,
 who evacuated to her hometown Miyako. Although her family survived, her grandmother's house was completely destroyed. When the disaster struck, she was at the business center in Joudogahama(the sea side aria) where she was working.

Experiencing the Tsunami
"Seeing the tsunami and the wreckage of my town made my heart feel numb. Even though I was upset, even though I felt resentful, I didn't shedany tears and thought only of surviving and living out each day. With the aftershocks continuing, I was anxious that Anything could happen tomorrow. but at the same time I felt that I had to live the present fully and without regrests. This is something I still feel. At the time, all my family were safe and my parents's house was intact. At the time, my sister was in Wakabayashi in Miyagi prefecture, and she couldn't contact anyone for twodays. all the while, she couldn't stop weeping every time she heard on the radio the number of lives that had been lost in Wakabayashi
Regardless of whether people were from the same town, the impact on each person was completely different depending on where they were when the earthquake hit or when the tsunami came, or where their house was.
I wanted to help those whe had been affected, so I took goods I had received from my relatives to the evacuation shelters. However, I didn't know what to say to the evacuees when I got there.
Even though I wanted to share their emotions, because our situations were different the same words would appear to mean different things, and I was scared that I would hurt them unintentionally. I became unable to say anything.
I think for a while I was very careful with how I treated those who were from the same area as myself. Furthermore, I feel a great sense of gratitude whenever people from Japan or around the world send us lots of goods.
From that point on, I decided that I would like to return the favour in anyway I can."


At present
Following her marriage toa Japanese man who lives in Romania, she is working as a Japanese language teacher in Romania.

The message she wrote said,
"Let's take it step by step together!!!
We too will try our best"

I believe that every small step we take will eventually lead to a massive leap forwards.

To the people of Miyagi from Iwate



Thank you to all those who agreed to participate in this interview.
(Date  of interview: 3rd August 2012)

Translated by Mayu, Ayako, Isabel from UK: Thank you!!